March 2018 Board Meeting

Date

  Date 03/06/2018 Time 6:30 – 8:30 Location Kevin and Joe’s – 2645 S. Lincoln St.  
Agenda
Topic Owner
Treasurer Report

FRB – $6240

OBF – $4562

Savings – $1232

Joe
Beer Bust and Burly Brunch Update

·         Good attendance at both

·         Club made $380.00 for both

·         Rafael – Do a thank you article and pictures?

o    Rafael is going to do a article for both the last beer bust and burley brunch, thanking the volunteers.

Kevin
Board Meeting Minutes – Sent out to everyone, any changes

·         No changes were proposed. Minutes approved.

Kevin
Board Alignments

·         Vice President – Rafael

·         At Large – David

·         At Large – Open

All
2018 Calendar – Who is going to own:

·         Facebook – Rafael

o    Need to add Bear Hug to Events

·         Web Page – Brett/Kevin to help

o    Kevin to add Bear Hug on Web site.

·         Grizette – Joe said he would work on the Grizette. He has done it in the past.

·         Membership cards – Kevin

o    A proposal was made to order a all in one card stock and not laminate the badge going forward.

o    Kevin Ordered Stock

o    David will take care of sending out new cards.

o    Cards will be dated one year from the renewal date.

o    Brett to set up David on report of member sign ups.

o    Kevin is working on this.

o    David sent out the first batch. We are going to print this monthly before the monthly gathering and will mail those that are not at the meeting.

o    No issues have been raised from the new cards.

·         Add Book Club

o    Book club dates should be added to all calendars. Kevin to send out dates that Bob sent out.

o    This still needs to be done.

Kevin
Next Gathering (04/14/2017)

·         Where

o    David is going to check with Chris at Trade and see if we can have a Pot Luck at Gladys.

o    Discuss doing a Drag Queen theme?

All
   Next Beer Bust??

  • Beer Bust dates are: 3/3,5/19,9/15,12/1
  • Kevin to send a email to Cubby to see if he would be willing to make baskets.
    • Cubby said he would make baskets for the next meeting.
Joe
   Use event planner for OBF and Caterer for campout.

·         Kevin has contacted an event planner to facilitate different events for the club. The board agrees that since we get limited involvement from the members that hiring the event planning out makes sense. Kevin is going to set up a meeting with the planner to discuss further the needs of the club. OBF would benefit the most from this.

Kevin
   Proposed Locations for upcoming meetings were discussed

  • Country Buffet
  • Gladys
  • Other Restaurants
  • Heather Garden is always available.
All
Next Board meeting

·          04/03/2018

All
Expectations Keep all Board Members informed.
Roles Facilitator Kevin Scribe Kevin Timekeeper Kevin

 

Participants

(a) = Absent

Kevin Olson, Jose Velez, David Hetzel, Bret Gregory(a), Rafael DeJesus

 

July 2017 Board

Date 07/06/2017 Time 6:00 – 8:30 Location Dave and Joes

 

Purpose Board Meeting Agenda
Agenda

Time

Topic Owner
5 Min Welcome Kevin
10 Min Treasurer Report

FRB – $5,414

OBF – $3,824

Savings – $1,232

Joe
15 Min Open Board Position

Jason Anderson and Jeff Stevenson were at the meeting and expressed interest in the open positions. The current board (Kevin, David and Joe) all voted in favor of them taking the vacant positions. Jason is going to take the position of Vice President.

Kevin
20 Min Roles of Board

The board discussed roles for everyone, below is what was decided on:

Kevin – President, facilitating meetings.

Bret – Secretary

Jason – Vice President – New memberships

Joe – Treasurer – Finances for the club/OBF

David – At large – Campout

Jeff Stevenson – Facebook updates

All
15 Min Pride update

Kevin stated that approx.. 300 OBF flyers and date cards were handed out.

Kevin
10Min Upcoming beer bust at Wrangler

Kevin stated that we still need 3 more people. We have date card for upcoming events left over that we will be handing out.

Kevin
10 Min Ways to increase sign up rates.

·        Need more recognition articles/pictures at events. Kevin to do one for Pride. We need to also take pictures at Wrangle to give people recognition for their hard work.

·        The group felt that we need to Print some copies of the Grizette and hand them out at meetings. The board felt that having something in hand would make a difference. Can Bret look at options for this?

·        The board discussed doing a re-union party at Kevin and Joe’s house on 7/29 to invite past members to rejoin. Jason is going to look to see if this conflicts with anything else.

·        FRB needs a New member handout that can be presented at events that talks about the club in general. Jason was going to look into this.

·        Jason was going to see if Tom Stevens can take pictures.

 

Kevin
15 Min Picnic/Pool Party –

·        Kevin asked if the board members can take turn sitting at the door. We will have to check ID’s for non members.

·        We want to keep the meeting portion to a minimum and only introduce the new board members and get a vote to accept them.

·

Kevin
10 Min Campout update

Kevin to send out list of who attended last year’s event but has not signed up this year. David is going to follow up with them with emails and phone calls to see if we can get people signed up.

David
15 Min OBF Update

·        Joe talked about the issue with serving alcohol in the public areas. Joe will be going up to the hotel to meet with the bar owner.

·        Joe has contacted some vendors (ID lube, Lifestyle and Gun Oil) for handouts at registration. These vendors have offered some larger items for raffles.

 

Joe

 

April 2017 Club

DRAFT

Kevin opened the meeting at 5:55

Treasurer’s Report – Joe
He presented the account balances. He also showed a comparison in our budget, and the actuals report.

Secretary’s Report – Bret
John motioned to accept the minutes as presented, Irish guy seconded, all approved.

Recent Events

* Board meeting was May 4
* Trade Burrly Brunch was a huge success and brought in $125 for the club. Everyone there had a great time! Next one is tomorrow.
* OBF meeting was April 19 with 14 in attendance. A logo was selected and can be found on the website for OBF and in the Grizzette. Caterer is hired. shirts are being researched now, and schedule is coming soon. One registration is in now.
* Bunkhouse trip was a lot of fun. We hope to do it again.

Upcoming Events

* Dineout – Chef Zorba’s
* Board meeting – 5-3
* Pride – we will share a booth with Prime Timers on Saturday and Sunday, based on club feedback
* Pool/Picnic party will be at Mitch and Jeff Buna’s on 7-15
* Campout registrations are open, go sign up
* Book Club – 17th Being Mortal, we all need to read this book. Dealing with aging, aging parents, family, and friends
* Coffee Night – Every thursday night at Steep
* a question was brought up about bowling

Open board position – Bill Hauser volunteered to fill the position, we need to ratify
Mike M motioned to accept Bill to fill the vacant position, John seconded, all approved.

Pins – we have year pins for those that want them

Volunteer sign up – we need members to volunteer for all of these events. Please sign up.

Easter egg hunt begins! Door prizes after egg hunt, as more tickets are hidden in the eggs.

Meeting adjourned at 6:14.

March 2017 Club

Kevin opened the meeting at 5:51
29 attendees

Joe gave the treasurer’s report (same numbers from board meeting)
$5065 FRB Checking
$3143 OBF Checking
$1232 Savings
Our new budget was included in Grizzette for members to see how our club finances are brought in and spent.

Bret
Joe motioned to accept the meeting minutes from February, John Anderson seconded, all approved

Bunkhouse outing
Tom Deal talked about the Bunkhouse outing, it’s $35 a night per person, and he is bringing up some breakfast. All other meals are on your own.
As of today there are 10 people signed up, and he can take four more. Call him at the number in the Grizzette
this is their inauguration weekend with us as their gue.5sts.

Recent Events
Board meeting was held on March 1st
Trade beer bust was a huge success, at $675 income, we have another coming up in May
We are going to do jello shots at the Wrangler on 4-22, we need volunteers on 4-21 to make them
There were 14 members at the OBF meeting, next meeting on 3/19, working on the logo and a caterer now, website will be up and running soon

Upcoming events
Next dineout is March 22nd at the Irish Snug, meet at 6:30, must rsvp
Next board meeting on 4/5
Campout – David talked about the campout, in Woodland park area, national private gated campground, over 200 acres, volley ball and horseshoe courts, baseball diamonds, we need some volunteers, all three meals provided, $60 for members, $70 for non-members, August 17 to 20, they put together a volunteer sign-up book so that a few people don’t get stuck doing all the work
Book club – March 20
Coffee Night – Still happening about 5:30 or 6:00
Burley Brunch – Starting the 4th sunday of March
Cannabis club – If you’re interested in joining, send an email to buds@frb.org, people to come can sample some new harvest they made last month.

Open board position
please let us know if you are interested

Pride
Show of hands in who in interested in doing a float. There were about 7 hands
Dave talked about whether any of the Bears would be willing to help the Prime Timers with the beer booths at Pride, there was some discussion
A member wanted to talk more about the float, he had concerns about getting enough volunteers, and whether or not we really need to have a presence in the parade. He wanted to get a feel from the club as to whether we really wanted to do it. Most of the bears belong to some other groups, and tend not to march with the club. There was quite a bit of discussion about it. We are going to take it back to the board and see what other alternatives we can provide.
If you have an idea for an alternative, please send it to the board. We will include possible alternatives in a survey to the club.

Pins
We are not going to order year bars for everyone, but if you want one please write your name down on the list.

Volunteers
We want to start giving people credit for helping out at different activities, so we are going to start tracking volunteers and giving them credit

75-25 Raffle
We are going to start doing a raffle at some of our meetings, similar to a 50/50 raffle. The club keeps 25% and the winner gets 75%

Meeting adjourned at 6:41

March 2017 Board

March Board Meeting

3/1/2017

6:45

Kevin & Joe’s

Meeting called by

FRB Board

Attendees: Kevin, Joe, David, Bret, Cubby, Sam Gallegos

Type of meeting

Board

Facilitator

Kevin

Note taker

Bret

Timekeeper

Cubby

Treasurer’s Report

10 min

Joe

Discussion

Joe presented the current balances of our bank accounts. We
also talked about sending thank you notes to new members. We also discussed
expanding the report to include actuals compared to the budget.

5065 FRB
Checking

3143 OBF Checking

1232 Savings

Conclusions

Bret motioned to accept the report, Cubby seconded, all
approved

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Secretary’s

10 min

Bret

Discussion

Bret sent out the minutes in email. Only one person read
them so it is tabled to next month.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Bunkhouse

10 min

Sam

Discussion

Tom set up a date of March 17-18, but Kevin is going to
talk with Tom Deal to get more details. Bret will send out an email to the
club as soon as he gets the rest of the details.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Pride

15 min

Sam

Discussion

There was some discussion about whether we should even
participate in the parade this year. We’ve had problems getting enough people
to be in the parade.

There was further discussion about how we could get more
volunteers, and also doing a concerted membership drive around the parade. Do
double sided flyers to advertise both FRB and OBF. There was discussion about
whether we really want to just stop doing things if we are concerned about
having enough volunteers. There’s concern about the members being spread too
thin across other clubs or organizations they are part of.

Conclusions

We decided to take it to the club to get their feedback on
this. Can we get enough volunteers?

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

 

Pins

5 min

All

Discussion

We talked about only offering the year bars to members who
want them.

Conclusions

David will contact the company to get pricing and order
them.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Beer Bust at Trade

10 min

Cubby

Discussion

Everything is coming together fine for the March 4 bust.
Cubby has plenty of volunteers, and has some baskets for a silent auction and
a cake from Bakery Le Sensual.

The next one is May 20, and we will do that one for OBF.

Cubby will also talk to Chris about putting something up on
their main screen.

Conclusions

We need to get some thank you cards printed up to give to
people who have donated items.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Add the Trade beer bust to Facebook.

OBF

15 min

Joe

Discussion

Cubby will go to TBRU to promote OBF using the free pass
that was sent to us. Joe sent out some info about the basics, including the
fact that it will be at the Baymont Inn, Sept 28 to Oct 1.

Bret will announce a logo contest. It was felt like the
members should participate instead of hiring commercial work.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Campout

10 min

David

Discussion

David has figured out that food and other costs will be
less than $1000, this does not include booze. He talked about whether or not
we want to provide booze or just have people bring their own booze. He
believes that we can charge $60 for members and $70 for non-members.

Conclusions

We will set the rates to $60 for members, and $70 for
non-members. If non-members join the club at the campout, we will deduct the
$10 difference from their membership, thus only charging them $20 to become a
club member.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

David will write up an article for the Grizzette and event.

Shed Inventory

10 min

All

Discussion

Joe suggested that those of us not working go over there
during the week and take inventory.

Conclusions

Joe, David & Joe, and Bret will go do this on Monday,
March 6 at 10:00 AM

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

 

Xmas Party and Picnic

15 min

Kevin

Discussion

Kevin is going to head up both of these. He will talk with
Mitch and Jeff Buna about using their place for the picnic. Another option is
doing it at Kevin and Joe’s.

We don’t want to do the xmas party at Cinzetti’s. We talked
a little about using Magiano’s, who has a large enough banquet room. Kevin
and Joe talked to a restaurant near them. Kevin, and any others who want to,
will get several options put together and bring it back to the board to
decide on.

There was talk about just getting a caterer to do it so
that we don’t have to wear members out doing so much work.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Open Board Position

10 min

All

Discussion

James resigned from the board and now we need to fill it.

Conclusions

Bret will put it in the next Grizzette that we need
volunteers.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

General Meeting

10 min

All

Discussion

We talked about having name tags (Hello my name is) for the
meeting. Kevin will get that from the shed.

We will get chicken for the meeting potluck, and a cake.

We will also plan to do a 25/75 raffle, and have a slide
show for the campout

Conclusions

Topics for meeting: Treasurer, Secretary, Pride, Beer Bust
success, OBF, Campout, open board position

We’ll get some door prizes from the shed. Cubby will also
try to get some prizes.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Next meeting will be at David’s house at 6:30 on April 5th.

Meeting adjourned at 8:45

February 2017 Board

February Meeting Minutes

2/1/2017

7:15

Bret Gregory’s Home

Meeting called by

Board

Attendees: Kevin, James, Joe, Bill Schantz, Cubby, Bret

Type of meeting

Board

Facilitator

Kevin

Note taker

Bret

Timekeeper

Cubby

Campout

[Time allotted]

Bill Schantz

Discussion

Bill wants to get the website for it up and running soon.
He thinks we can charge $10 less than last year. We had a $1300 profit on
last year’s campout. Kevin asked what the board thought of the extent of
board involvement in events like this. James and Cubby mentioned that in the
past the board has only offered guidance on the budget.

Kevin passed around some sign up books for volunteers for
the campout, which Joe made for the campout committee.

Bill is proposing $60 base for members, and $10 more for non-members.
They are considering not charging extra for RVs. They are also considering
$30 for a day price, with non-member surcharge of $10.

We decided that we’ll get the dates, location, and other
non-pricing details up on the website now. But we’ll open registrations after
the committee gets a more solid budget together.

Conclusions

We all agree that we should only provide guidance and
minimal oversight for the campout.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Bill to get Bret the info for the website

Bill Schantz

Treasurer Report

[Time allotted]

Joe

Discussion

Joe presented a report of balances and income and
expenditures. There was discussion about whether we really needed to have a
savings account. It was originally the equipment fund. It looks like all it
did in the past is cause.

We will plan to have a special meeting for the budget,
which we will discuss later in the meeting.

We discussed whether or not we should have a motion to
approve the treasurer’s and secretary’s report.

Conclusions

In the end, we decided that the treasurer’s report will be
approved by the board at each board meeting with a motion.  The treasurer’s
report will only be presented to the club, at the club meeting, and that it
is not necessary for the report to be approved a second time. This will not
preclude club members from raising questions or concerns about the report,
club finances, or the budget.

As for the secretary’s report (minutes), there are minutes
taken at each meeting. So, the attendees of each meeting will be the ones to
approve the minutes for that meeting. The board will approve minutes from the
board meetings, and the club will approve minutes from club meetings.

At this point, Bret motioned to approve the secretary’s
report, Joe seconded, and all approved.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

 

Secretary’s Report

[Time allotted]

Bret

Discussion

Bret emailed last month’s minutes to the board to read
ahead of time. He handed out a copy to James who was unable to get the
electronic copy.

Conclusions

Joe motioned to approve the minutes as presented, cubby
seconded, and all approved.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Wrangler Feedback

[Time allotted]

Cubby

Discussion

Cubby, Kevin, Joe, and Bret met with Phil. He was very
supportive of the club. He’s willing to change our beer special night from
Friday to Saturday. It’s $5 for a pitcher of beer.

He going to set up a special tv just for the FRB.

Conclusions

No decision was made about changing our special night. It
will remain as is, but we will get more info out to the club about all the
specials available to them.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Pins

[Time allotted]

Kevin

Discussion

We discussed the high cost of the pins, and whether or not
we should get year bars for everyone. James is going to check on the cost,
and we’ll decide whether or not to do it for everyone before the club
meeting.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Valentine Dinner

[Time allotted]

Cubby

Discussion

He talked about whether we wanted to pay for some roses for
the dinner.

Conclusions

We decided that in general we would not provide club funds
to member run events. There just isn’t enough to provide things like door
prizes to every individual run event that might happen in the club. This will
not apply to larger events in which most clubs members are likely to be
involved.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Shed Inventory

[Time allotted]

James

Discussion

James presented the old and new contracts. He asked about
the possibility to downsize the unit to decrease the cost, but we are
grandfathered in to a lower prices on our current size. If we downsize, our cost
will go up.

They are suggesting we change the code, as it’s not been
changed in a long time. James will take care of getting that changed and
giving them the new list of authorized members.

James is putting together a team to clean out the shed.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

 

Door Prizes

[Time allotted]

Kevin

Discussion

We need to figure out how we want to do door prizes in our
budget. Cubby will see if he can get some coupons from the Wrangler.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Budget Meeting

[Time allotted]

Kevin

Discussion

Joe will send out a PDF with the check register so we can
review it before we do a special meeting to go over the budget.

Conclusions

We will do a special meeting on 2-26-17. 10:00 AM Joe and
Kevin’s house

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

General Meeting

[Time allotted]

Kevin

Discussion

Name Tags: James is bringing them

Food or Cake: Should we order something from the new
Wrangler kitchen or get cake? There was some discussion about it.

Conclusions

Cubby will talk to Phil about what can we do for an
appetizer tray or pizza for $50.

Agenda: Kevin will put that together and get it to us
before the meeting. He took a list of items from everyone.

James will contact Two Irish Guys to cancel the cake for
this month.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Xmas Dinner

[Time allotted]

James

Discussion

James asked that we get the date, location, and a chair
committed to by the end of March

Conclusions

We will plan to get a chair by then, and work to get the
rest set up soon after.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline