February 2017 Board

February Meeting Minutes

2/1/2017

7:15

Bret Gregory’s Home

Meeting called by

Board

Attendees: Kevin, James, Joe, Bill Schantz, Cubby, Bret

Type of meeting

Board

Facilitator

Kevin

Note taker

Bret

Timekeeper

Cubby

Campout

[Time allotted]

Bill Schantz

Discussion

Bill wants to get the website for it up and running soon.
He thinks we can charge $10 less than last year. We had a $1300 profit on
last year’s campout. Kevin asked what the board thought of the extent of
board involvement in events like this. James and Cubby mentioned that in the
past the board has only offered guidance on the budget.

Kevin passed around some sign up books for volunteers for
the campout, which Joe made for the campout committee.

Bill is proposing $60 base for members, and $10 more for non-members.
They are considering not charging extra for RVs. They are also considering
$30 for a day price, with non-member surcharge of $10.

We decided that we’ll get the dates, location, and other
non-pricing details up on the website now. But we’ll open registrations after
the committee gets a more solid budget together.

Conclusions

We all agree that we should only provide guidance and
minimal oversight for the campout.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Bill to get Bret the info for the website

Bill Schantz

Treasurer Report

[Time allotted]

Joe

Discussion

Joe presented a report of balances and income and
expenditures. There was discussion about whether we really needed to have a
savings account. It was originally the equipment fund. It looks like all it
did in the past is cause.

We will plan to have a special meeting for the budget,
which we will discuss later in the meeting.

We discussed whether or not we should have a motion to
approve the treasurer’s and secretary’s report.

Conclusions

In the end, we decided that the treasurer’s report will be
approved by the board at each board meeting with a motion.  The treasurer’s
report will only be presented to the club, at the club meeting, and that it
is not necessary for the report to be approved a second time. This will not
preclude club members from raising questions or concerns about the report,
club finances, or the budget.

As for the secretary’s report (minutes), there are minutes
taken at each meeting. So, the attendees of each meeting will be the ones to
approve the minutes for that meeting. The board will approve minutes from the
board meetings, and the club will approve minutes from club meetings.

At this point, Bret motioned to approve the secretary’s
report, Joe seconded, and all approved.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

 

Secretary’s Report

[Time allotted]

Bret

Discussion

Bret emailed last month’s minutes to the board to read
ahead of time. He handed out a copy to James who was unable to get the
electronic copy.

Conclusions

Joe motioned to approve the minutes as presented, cubby
seconded, and all approved.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Wrangler Feedback

[Time allotted]

Cubby

Discussion

Cubby, Kevin, Joe, and Bret met with Phil. He was very
supportive of the club. He’s willing to change our beer special night from
Friday to Saturday. It’s $5 for a pitcher of beer.

He going to set up a special tv just for the FRB.

Conclusions

No decision was made about changing our special night. It
will remain as is, but we will get more info out to the club about all the
specials available to them.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Pins

[Time allotted]

Kevin

Discussion

We discussed the high cost of the pins, and whether or not
we should get year bars for everyone. James is going to check on the cost,
and we’ll decide whether or not to do it for everyone before the club
meeting.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Valentine Dinner

[Time allotted]

Cubby

Discussion

He talked about whether we wanted to pay for some roses for
the dinner.

Conclusions

We decided that in general we would not provide club funds
to member run events. There just isn’t enough to provide things like door
prizes to every individual run event that might happen in the club. This will
not apply to larger events in which most clubs members are likely to be
involved.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Shed Inventory

[Time allotted]

James

Discussion

James presented the old and new contracts. He asked about
the possibility to downsize the unit to decrease the cost, but we are
grandfathered in to a lower prices on our current size. If we downsize, our cost
will go up.

They are suggesting we change the code, as it’s not been
changed in a long time. James will take care of getting that changed and
giving them the new list of authorized members.

James is putting together a team to clean out the shed.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

 

Door Prizes

[Time allotted]

Kevin

Discussion

We need to figure out how we want to do door prizes in our
budget. Cubby will see if he can get some coupons from the Wrangler.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Budget Meeting

[Time allotted]

Kevin

Discussion

Joe will send out a PDF with the check register so we can
review it before we do a special meeting to go over the budget.

Conclusions

We will do a special meeting on 2-26-17. 10:00 AM Joe and
Kevin’s house

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

General Meeting

[Time allotted]

Kevin

Discussion

Name Tags: James is bringing them

Food or Cake: Should we order something from the new
Wrangler kitchen or get cake? There was some discussion about it.

Conclusions

Cubby will talk to Phil about what can we do for an
appetizer tray or pizza for $50.

Agenda: Kevin will put that together and get it to us
before the meeting. He took a list of items from everyone.

James will contact Two Irish Guys to cancel the cake for
this month.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Xmas Dinner

[Time allotted]

James

Discussion

James asked that we get the date, location, and a chair
committed to by the end of March

Conclusions

We will plan to get a chair by then, and work to get the
rest set up soon after.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline