March 2017 Board

March Board Meeting

3/1/2017

6:45

Kevin & Joe’s

Meeting called by

FRB Board

Attendees: Kevin, Joe, David, Bret, Cubby, Sam Gallegos

Type of meeting

Board

Facilitator

Kevin

Note taker

Bret

Timekeeper

Cubby

Treasurer’s Report

10 min

Joe

Discussion

Joe presented the current balances of our bank accounts. We
also talked about sending thank you notes to new members. We also discussed
expanding the report to include actuals compared to the budget.

5065 FRB
Checking

3143 OBF Checking

1232 Savings

Conclusions

Bret motioned to accept the report, Cubby seconded, all
approved

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Secretary’s

10 min

Bret

Discussion

Bret sent out the minutes in email. Only one person read
them so it is tabled to next month.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Bunkhouse

10 min

Sam

Discussion

Tom set up a date of March 17-18, but Kevin is going to
talk with Tom Deal to get more details. Bret will send out an email to the
club as soon as he gets the rest of the details.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Pride

15 min

Sam

Discussion

There was some discussion about whether we should even
participate in the parade this year. We’ve had problems getting enough people
to be in the parade.

There was further discussion about how we could get more
volunteers, and also doing a concerted membership drive around the parade. Do
double sided flyers to advertise both FRB and OBF. There was discussion about
whether we really want to just stop doing things if we are concerned about
having enough volunteers. There’s concern about the members being spread too
thin across other clubs or organizations they are part of.

Conclusions

We decided to take it to the club to get their feedback on
this. Can we get enough volunteers?

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

 

Pins

5 min

All

Discussion

We talked about only offering the year bars to members who
want them.

Conclusions

David will contact the company to get pricing and order
them.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Beer Bust at Trade

10 min

Cubby

Discussion

Everything is coming together fine for the March 4 bust.
Cubby has plenty of volunteers, and has some baskets for a silent auction and
a cake from Bakery Le Sensual.

The next one is May 20, and we will do that one for OBF.

Cubby will also talk to Chris about putting something up on
their main screen.

Conclusions

We need to get some thank you cards printed up to give to
people who have donated items.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Add the Trade beer bust to Facebook.

OBF

15 min

Joe

Discussion

Cubby will go to TBRU to promote OBF using the free pass
that was sent to us. Joe sent out some info about the basics, including the
fact that it will be at the Baymont Inn, Sept 28 to Oct 1.

Bret will announce a logo contest. It was felt like the
members should participate instead of hiring commercial work.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Campout

10 min

David

Discussion

David has figured out that food and other costs will be
less than $1000, this does not include booze. He talked about whether or not
we want to provide booze or just have people bring their own booze. He
believes that we can charge $60 for members and $70 for non-members.

Conclusions

We will set the rates to $60 for members, and $70 for
non-members. If non-members join the club at the campout, we will deduct the
$10 difference from their membership, thus only charging them $20 to become a
club member.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

David will write up an article for the Grizzette and event.

Shed Inventory

10 min

All

Discussion

Joe suggested that those of us not working go over there
during the week and take inventory.

Conclusions

Joe, David & Joe, and Bret will go do this on Monday,
March 6 at 10:00 AM

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

 

Xmas Party and Picnic

15 min

Kevin

Discussion

Kevin is going to head up both of these. He will talk with
Mitch and Jeff Buna about using their place for the picnic. Another option is
doing it at Kevin and Joe’s.

We don’t want to do the xmas party at Cinzetti’s. We talked
a little about using Magiano’s, who has a large enough banquet room. Kevin
and Joe talked to a restaurant near them. Kevin, and any others who want to,
will get several options put together and bring it back to the board to
decide on.

There was talk about just getting a caterer to do it so
that we don’t have to wear members out doing so much work.

Conclusions

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Open Board Position

10 min

All

Discussion

James resigned from the board and now we need to fill it.

Conclusions

Bret will put it in the next Grizzette that we need
volunteers.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

General Meeting

10 min

All

Discussion

We talked about having name tags (Hello my name is) for the
meeting. Kevin will get that from the shed.

We will get chicken for the meeting potluck, and a cake.

We will also plan to do a 25/75 raffle, and have a slide
show for the campout

Conclusions

Topics for meeting: Treasurer, Secretary, Pride, Beer Bust
success, OBF, Campout, open board position

We’ll get some door prizes from the shed. Cubby will also
try to get some prizes.

Action Items

Person Responsible

Deadline

Next meeting will be at David’s house at 6:30 on April 5th.

Meeting adjourned at 8:45